Anyway, here are some important points I picked up on from the Q&A (see my disclaimer at the bottom of the article!).
- We're coming up to CoE's Kickstarter 1 year anniversary. It's actually next Wednesday but Soulbound Studio will be starting celebrations on Monday (1st May). Keep an eye on their website for further details on the party!
- New staff members are expected to be starting in June. The team is still expanding nicely, that can only be good for the future development of the game.
- We learned that the commonly touted number of 100k players on a server is in fact a minimum target not a maximum player cap as had been thought.
- Caspian made a brief statement suggesting that everyone should have their layaway items fully paid off next month. He refused to elaborate further.
- It seems that the Prologue system won't be 'thrown away' after launch. It'll be kept as part of a system put in place to assist users in testing their OPC scripts.
- Following a large number of questions about tribes, Caspian decided that next months Q&A will be about Tribes.
You can watch a video of the Q&A for a short time on Soulbound's Twitch Channel or a more permanent video on Youtube.
My disclaimer...The actual Q&A was at midnight for me and I was a bit sleepy. I'm sure I missed something but I'll keep an eye open for further information and update this page as it comes in...
Here's a potentially important bit that I didn't miss though, reiterated here because it is potentially very important...
Caspian: "Domain selection is coming up very soon. I will add, I will stress. Make sure you get your layaway stuff paid off next month. That would be a good month to do that in. We'll just leave it at that"
No further explanation was forthcoming so you can make of that what you will :)